The New York’s metropolitan museum of art will be celebrating the elegant ball gowns from Charles James designer. Everyone will be having their eyes on the variety of clothing styles. This event brings the great and best ones from the fashion world, finance, film and politics over the red carpet at the Oscars as the […]
The ball gowns which make a comeback
The New York’s metropolitan museum of art will be celebrating the elegant ball gowns from Charles James designer. Everyone will be having their eyes on the variety of clothing styles. This event brings the great and best ones from the fashion world, finance, film and politics over the red carpet at the Oscars as the year’s fashion highlight. The outfits of the year have been inspired by British born American couturier James who had showcased his works at Met exhibition beyond fashion. He died in the year 1978 but still his ball gowns made a revolution in the fashion field till date. In the present days designers are greatly influenced by his innovative tailoring which is still followed. But he wasn’t that popular being a fashion designer of the 20th century.
The current year’s dress code could be the ball-white tie which is for men and a ball gown for women which isn’t too different from the exhibition that was organized last year. In the present trend it’s all about making a style statement and being seen. The lecturer of history of dress and textile Rebecca Arnold at Courtauld Institute of Art says it’s important to make an amazing entrance over the red carpet by being revealed. The ball gowns are not just the big simple dresses. They are very big and complex. Earlier these ball gowns were seen only in a particular section of the society. After the 50 years of his career, James had died penniless while producing less than thousand garments. He was a great artist who nailed to create and design a perfectly made outfit. He had dedicated his entire life to the dresses even by sacrificing his personal relationships and financial success.
The finale of ball gown will act as welcome dessert. Though there are only few occasions where women can wear those gowns yet they are inspiring and beautiful. When Oscar de la Renta is considered his autumn, collection is just romantic and the evening dresses had started from £4500 and the ball gowns were constant part of his works. Being a co-chairman for Met balls event committee he had declined to reveal for whom he was creating the dresses. Rebecca Arnold said that the ball gowns are the ultimate status symbol for women. In today’s scenario the ball gowns are related to celebrities and for political royalty which is an ultimate statement or fashion. It’s something that inspires everyone.
Today the ball gown is not just confined to the rich people. These are famous and most of the young girls do prefer to something new and be appealing in their fashionable clothes. Now the designers are highly specialized in providing customized ball gowns according to the taste and interests of their customers. There are several designers who have come up with their unique and signature creation of fashionable clothes and ball gowns like Rodarte, Mary Katrantzou, Giambattesta Valli and more who can make several new styles of ball gowns for any events.
Types of T shirts a man can wear
There are different types of clothes to choose based on the occasion which you are planning to attend. But there is one garment which can be worn on various occasions whether one needs to go to a funeral, wear for wrestling match, need to go to a pub or should meet queen, which is none other than the shirt. There are different styles of shirts which one should stock in their wardrobe.
- Oxford button down shirt: This has been the most stylish shirt since 120 years. Compared to the other shirts in the market, its fabric is very thick and gives a casual edge look. It’s the most versatile piece that has to be in everyone’s wardrobe and it just works for range of dress codes.
- Cuban collar Short sleeve shirt: This looks best for summer and it’s the trend at the moment. It helps to get some fresh air to your chest. These Cubon collar shirts also come with fairly boxy fit, button up front and straight hem. Ones should also have the right body to get the perfect fit.
- Overshirt: Over shirts are the right option especially when its too warm to wear a coat and too cold to wear a T shirt.
- Flannel shirt: These are made up of think fabric and best used when the mercury levels drop down. One can opt for a plain version or the plaid one. These are best while layering particularly it can be worn open over the T shirt or can be buttoned up so it works as an outer piece during summer.
- Chambray: These are not denim shirts. In this type of shirt, they make use of plain weave that is lighter than the twill weave. If looking for something that just looks like denim then Chambray is the best option to go with.
- The classic short sleeve shirt: This is one of the best casual summer styles which is versatile and for warm weather. These come in tropical prints to geometric patterns with pastel colors and the vertical stripes. It can be paired with chinos or linen trousers or shorts.
- Denim shirt: when it is worn right it just gives the casual edge especially with the unstructured blazer or can also go for full suit. When it’s been styled wise, it’s definitely good to wear like the faded raw denim jeans with new raw denim shirt.
Why T shirts are so popular?
Until 1951 the T shirts were considered to be the undergarments especially under the navy uniform or proper shirt. With James Dean wearing the t- shirt under his signature red Harrington jacket in the year 1955, the T shirts have become the most popular garment. It can either be ironic, sexy, elitist or democratic. Vivienne Westwood collection of T shirts was very influential with her disruptive designs for 20th century.
Westwood along with McLaren were actually shocking people with their symbols which they used on the T shirts like the Swastiks, upside down crosses and several other disturbing images. She just deconstructed T shirts in the year 1970 and still continues the same. They have also arranged several exhibitions where they have displayed the variety of printed t- shirts. She takes photographs of various people with a similar kind of setup, facing away from the camera and wearing T shirts with a particular kind of message. As an artist she knows how to deliver the context to the public. Public is forced to look at the perception which is provided over the T shirt.
The T shirts were delivering messages about what we believe, who we are, particular group for which we belong, what it needs to say about gender, about art, about fashion and lot more. The show also includes the ancient origin of T shirts that has actually started with medieval tunics and which works on defining gender and the unisex garments. It’s all about creating great conversations all around and she has been successfully doing it. Those who visit the exhibition also prefer to choose their favorite T shirt from her collection and always continue with the conversations. One will definitely fall in love with the range of T shirt collection which she has at the exhibition.
The fashion of 1960’s are still trending
60’s is actually known to be the most stylish decades which we have ever had. Everyone carried their own signature style during the 1960’s fashion. These styles were also carried forward in 1970’s fashion too. It was the era for girl’s groups, the super models who still inspire the current generation. The fashion of 60’s still provides great endless inspiration to today’s designers. After the decade, came up the full skirts style and impeccable makeup and hair. That was a time when there were no skirts which were too short and not too high beehive. The geometric prints, culottes and boxy silhouettes had carried forward from this decade.
- Twiggy’s 1960’s fashion: Without mentioning about Twiggy no fashion would get complete in 1960’s. The bob hairstyles were great fashion in the 1920’s but Twiggy had a short hairstyle. She rose quickly to a supermodel fame. She was seen with thick eyelashes, boyish style celebrity hair style in ‘66. She just became the face of decade overnight.
- Anita Pallenberg and rolling stones 1960’s fashion: She is the biggest style influencer over rolling stones. The rock check look with thigh high boots, skin tight prints, fringing everything is still an inspiration for current wardrobe collections.
- Mary Quant’s 1960’s fashion: She is not just the fashion icon in the 1960’s in her own way but she also bought the greatest trends to everyone’s wardrobes with hot pants, miniskirts, plastic macs, coloured tights and more.
- Jackie Kennedy’s 1960’s fashion: Jackie Kennedy Onassis was before Michelle Obama and Samantha Cameron, who was the first lady who had maintained a flawless style throughout the time when she was in White house. With her pillbox hats, prim skirt suits and super sized dark glasses had made several women a great style inspiration in America.
- Audrey Hepburn’s 1960’s fashion: Her chic capri pants and the ballet pumps are even loved by fashion designers of present era.
- Jean Shrimpton’s 1960’s fashion: She is the one who had changed the entire modeling mould with her slender frame.
- Dusty springfield’s 1960’s fashion: She was the one with huge big eyes, big voice and big hair with blonde wig along with column dress which wouldn’t have found commonly.
- Mia Farrow’s 1960’s fashion: She is the one who had made elfin crop famous. Her style still inspires the hair world today. She always loves to be playful with her looks.